On Sat, Jul 6, 2019 at 3:55 PM Benjamin TERRIER <b.terrier@gmail.com> wrote:
> So for your question, "Is there a better function than
> `luaL_loadbuffer()` to run binaries?", the answer is
> `luaL_loadbufferx()` with the mode argument set to "b".

Thank you.

>   In the Lua 5.1 distribution, there's the file etc/noparser.c with
> instructions on its use.  That could be a useful base upon which to build if
> you need to use a version of Lua later than 5.1.

> > To conclude: is there a guide to remove the parser from Lua 5?
>
> See http://www.lua.org/extras/5.3/noparser.c

I was able to use the noparser.c file from 5.1.
Since I am using 5.3.5, I had to change the signature of the parser
function, but it works perfectly.

I saw the file fro 5.3 just when I was done ^^

Thank you all.

Can you get Lua on something with 1 MB storage and 256kb of Ram like a Nordicsemi chip?
https://www.nordicsemi.com/Products/Low-power-short-range-wireless/nRF52840

Or is that strictly eLua territory?

I was playing with a TI Lanchpad that had those specs too: http://www.ti.com/tool/cc3220sf-launchxl
It was using FreeRTOS and the chip has a fairly complete posix API and a built in socket library. I would have liked to have a Lua interpreter running in a thread.

Russ