That wanadoo.fr is redirected to Gmail and has extra filters before reaching Gmail. It is used since several decenials and has never changed. It is active. But I don't want to use their webmail (polluted by excessive ads and very unfriendly interface) and not even any local POP3 client (because of local storage and inacessibility from different devices).

Yes I have several mails, but not that Russian "v". Gmail knows my Wanadoo.fr mail which is stable and kept forever independantly of my current ISP (which may change over time).

And no reconfiguration of devices, no transfer of mailbox archives. I'm independant of the ISP (notably when I have to relocate to another address where the current ISP is no longer available: I've changed my French ISP about a dozen of times because of that, but ONLY Wanadoo.fr kept my address for me, at no cost, no need to connect on their webmail, and for lifetime, all other ISPs have immediately deleted my mail address as soon as I left them).

I'm not different from the other Russian user "v" that probably used Gmail for the same reason as me, by not trusting his Russian ISP and by not trusting the local storage (I've stopped using any local POP3/SMTP client since many years and now I can access my mails from anywhere, without loosing anything).

The "inline CSS" in text was not from me, and not present in my message (Gmail formatted it correctly, you must have a problem in your local mail client or intermediate mail agent that incorrectly parses the plain text part of the content)

That Wanadoo.fr (the former tradename of Orange.fr) is used for almost every mailing list since ever (before that I had used Compuserve, then MSN, and both stopped their operations, not allowing me to keep my email).

Even Gmail does not warranty the lifetime conservation of my email address, if I don't configure another mail in my account (so it can be used in emergency situations to recover the Gmail account). If there is later another better webmail than Gmail, I will use it, without having to change my lifetime Wanadoo.fr address (I'll just redirect it to another service). I've tested several webmails, but none of them were satisfying in their interface or were not so accessible from the multiple devices I use. And from an Android smartphone, you need a Gmail address anyway for many services. And I can access my Gmail from other locations, including devices I don't own, or when my smartphone is out of battery and I can't recharge it immediately.

Le jeu. 27 juin 2019 à 23:45, Jim <sysinit@yandex.com> a écrit :
27.06.2019, 21:48, "Philippe Verdy" <verdy_p@wanadoo.fr>:
> I am NOT posting thu their servers but directly from the Gmail web UI.
why do you use the wanadoo.fr address then ?