 >> Thanks for the reply. The host app does not export its lua API
 >> symbols. I had seen some kind of proxy dll on the lua wiki as a
 >> workaround but I'm not sure it's updated and/or relevent to my case?

 Francisco> Are you sure it does not? The fact that something DETECTS
 Francisco> multiple VM version hints at two copies being exported,

No, because the detection system doesn't work like that.

Prior to 5.4 (which abandons this particular check), the check (in
luaL_checkversion) for multiple copies of the interpreter works like
this: it checks that the lua_version() function which the current module
is calling is the same copy of the function as the one which was called
from lua_newstate() when creating the passed-in Lua state. It does this
by using the address of a static variable defined in that function.

However, the Lua core does try to get its API symbols exported by
declaring them as DLLEXPORT (which expands to suitable attribute
declarations unless overridden). With an export library, linking a
module against the host app would be easy, but since I don't do windows
myself I have no idea if you can generate this after the fact, or work
around the absense of it (maybe with a .DEF file? just guessing here).

--
Andrew.