> According to the C standard, overflows in floating-point arithmetic are
> undefined behavior, too. (ISO/IEC 9899:1999 (E) 6.5-5.)
>
> If you are considering "turned on FPEs" as part of the game, would
> we have to handle other stuff like floating overflow and underflow
> traps, besides division by zero?

(Since the beginning, my question is not rhetorical. I really want to
know whether there is a concrete reason to add a special case in the
division by zero. It is very easy to do that, we only have to slightly
change the macro 'luai_numdiv'. But it seems weird to add code to
do what in my view all machines do by themselves without that extra
code. Checking floating overflows is another matter...)

-- Roberto