> I think the main reason you wouldn't get reports of problems is because
> such a report would imply that someone is using such a system unknowingly.
> Given that it's an opt-in kind of feature on the dominant software
> platforms, encountering a FPE means either (1) you turned on FPEs, or (2)
> you're using a niche platform. In either case, the developer is likely to
> understand what's going on and not blame Lua for it.

According to the C standard, overflows in floating-point arithmetic are
undefined behavior, too. (ISO/IEC 9899:1999 (E) 6.5-5.)

If you are considering "turned on FPEs" as part of the game, would
we have to handle other stuff like floating overflow and underflow
traps, besides division by zero?

-- Roberto