> [1] https://www.lua.org/tests/
>
> -- Roberto

Speaking of test suites, can we get an tarball of official “authors’ tests” for 5.4.0-alpha, please?

The most recent test suites published are for 5.4.0-w2 and lots of things have changed in the past year so that the alpha release cannot and does not pass them. (In fact, many test files fail in several places.)

Error messages have changed; string coercion has changed; compiled chunk headers have changed; gc has changed; important-to-test features such as to-be-closed have been added; and more.

I have a range of tests of my own but I like to put every rebuild I perform through the official tests, too.

Also, there’s no official test suite published for 5.3.5 either, which is a bad look for newcomers to Lua who want to build and test their own officially-release flavour.

In 2019 a mainstream code project really needs to have a comprehensive set of tests that keeps pace with the project releases...