Le sam. 15 juin 2019 à 09:58, Jim <sysinit@yandex.com> a écrit :
14.06.2019, 19:40, "Philippe Verdy" <verdy_p@wanadoo.fr>:
> I've abandonned since long any use of local mail clients
> (because they were very unpractical and storage was at much more risk.

but storing mails on NSA disks is not risk at all, i see.

You forget my essential argument: "unpractical".

The main  point is the local storage and inacessibility from multiple devices or from remote sites. As well, large volumes of incoming spams is causing excessive network usage, and adds delays for the delivery. Managing the storage locally is also a problem (because I have archives of all my mails since several decennials). And the POP3 protocol has too many problems (even when it is secured) causing too frequent losses of emails during transfers (and impossibility to get them back again). Now with mobile devices, local stage is impossible. Of course I could have installed a remote hosting, but managing it (and paying a lot for it, or suffering bandwidth outages was not a good solution).

All that are reasons why I've stopped using local mail agents in favor of webmails (I'm not "devoted" to Gmail, it's just the most stable solution I found, it offers the least bugs and delivery of emails to it are very stable, and it offers a very decent filtering for spams and malicious contents, without excessive ads throughout, and I'm still not required to your their webmail site as it works seemlessly from all other devices using their own local interface, and a temporary local storage that remains accessible without network connectivity, allowing to compose mails that can be delivered later when I'm online again; and it is very secure even if Google may get some aggregated profiling info from my usage; for now it has never abused my privacy, unlike all other mail providers I tested, and I no longer trust any other ISP, not even my current one or any other in France, and can change my ISP at any time without having to reconfigure everything or loosing all the storage after the switch).