On 12/06/2019 19.33, Coda Highland wrote:

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 12:28 PM Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk <mailto:andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk>> wrote:

    Egor suggested <resource>. I think Sean Connor's <cleanup> is better,
    but to throw out some other random ideas: <unwind> or <onexit>.

-- Andrew.

+1 to <onexit>. I think I might like it better than <scoped>.

I think <onexit> will be confusing: It's not run when you exit the program but when you leave the current scope.

<cleanup> and <unwind> aren't bad.

"cleanup" is both slightly too wide (not all cleanup happens in <close>) and slightly too narrow (not everything you might do in <close> is strictly cleanup, you might also be generating a report / doing stats / …).

<close> is about as good as <cleanup> – acceptable but feels somewhat imprecise.

-- nobody