On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 04:29:32PM +0800, Ryan Ford wrote:
> On Wed, 29 May 2019 21:38:13 -0300 Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
> <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>
> > Lua 5.4.0 (alpha-rc1) is now available for testing This is an alpha
> > version. Some details may change in the final version.
>
> I want to say first I like the feature list, mostly. I'm a little
> confused about the need/usecase for warn() over print or protected
> calls etc. Secondly - I'm a big fan of how smooth and beautiful Lua's
> syntax is and I think the `local <const> lang = 'Lua'` syntax is not
> very aesthetic or smooth. I like the idea we'll be getting constants,
> but I hope the syntax can be looked at a bit more.

I'm going to be controversial here and say I like this syntax.  It has a
few pleasing properties: does not introduce new keywords, does not break
existing code, extensible to other decorations in future (perhaps even
at runtime).

My only wish is that they could be applied to function arguments, too.

B.