On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 10:01 PM Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

> If this issue is causing your program any real harm, please let us know.

Well, I would not call this "real harm", but we do run debug builds that are linked against Lua with assertions enabled, so those false positives are a nuisance. I would like to continue having assertions in debug builds, so "turn them all off" is not a palatable solution to me. I could, of course, just turn this particular assertion off, but that would be another Lua patch I have to maintain.... hence my original questions.

Since there are already bugs documented for 5.3.5, it would be nice to have this erroneous assertion removed in a release that fixes them.

Cheers,
V.