On 5/23/19, Tim McCracken <Tim.McCracken@utelety.com> wrote:
> +1 from me as well.  As an extendable/embeddable script engine, to me it is
> (much, much) simpler and easier than TCL, Perl or Python.

ok, no i see to what APIs you compare.
all 3 use only reference counting since they are older implementations.
perl and python were not designed with embedding in mind, though
Tcl was (although back in the 80ies). how comparing with contemporary
embeddable scripting languages ? is the claim still true in that cases ?

the Tcl C API is not that bad btw, for simple binding functions dealing
with ref counting is unnecessary. with this API it is possible to access
all args to the C function at once (via the array containg all arguments).
using the old string based API comes in handy when all args are expected
to be strings as in bindings for execve(2) and similar. such a direct solution
is not possible with the Lua C API.