It was thus said that the Great Jim once stated:
> On 10/3/18, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
> >> sure, that's what we will do. how about directly using squirrel that has
> >> that already available ?
>
> it was not about using in the first place. it was just an example of what other
> small embedding languages can do/provide. the point here was that such
> functionality could be added to Lua aswell without too much work
> (in that case it was Squirrel's builtin regex lib wich provides
> pattern alternatives
> using the '|' OR regex operator).

  There are at least three modules providing regex in Lua available via
LuaRocks: Lrexlib-POSIX, Lrexlib-PCRE (most popular) and Lrexlib-PCRE2.
There's also at least two POSIX modules: lposix and luaposix (most popular).
There *is* a solution, it's just not a built-in one.

  -spc (Surprised at the age of this thread ... )