On 10/3/18, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
>> sure, that's what we will do. how about directly using squirrel that has
>> that already available ?

it was not about using in the first place. it was just an example of what other
small embedding languages can do/provide. the point here was that such
functionality could be added to Lua aswell without too much work
(in that case it was Squirrel's builtin regex lib wich provides
pattern alternatives
using the '|' OR regex operator).

>  What is it about the Lua C API that sucks?
> Or why is the squirrel one better?

more on this in other posts to come.