On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 1:46 PM Hisham <h@hisham.hm> wrote:
> What we need is for someone to contact the PIP maintainers so that
> this fork would take over future releases in their repo.

PEP 541 [1] describes the process for taking over ownership of an
abandoned PyPI package. To be considered abandoned (among other
requirements), there must have been no releases in the past 12 months,
but the last release of hererocks was September 10, 2018. Therefore,
as I understand it, nothing can be done on that front until September
of this year.

[1] https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0541/