On Wed, 1 May 2019 at 06:17, François Perrad <francois.perrad@gadz.org> wrote:

> Le mar. 30 avr. 2019 à 20:54, Hisham <h@hisham.hm> a écrit :
>>
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I'm happy to announce version 3.1.0 of LuaRocks, the Lua package
>> manager. You can find all links at https://luarocks.org — source
>> packages for all supported platforms and binaries for Windows and
>> Linux x86-64 are
>> available.
>>

> hererocks is a great companion of Luarocks.
> Sadly, mpeterv is dead.
> There is a fork on Luarocks organisation : https://github.com/luarocks/hererocks
> Is it an "official" fork where the project will continue with community support ?

Hello, I have created these forked repos so I could request Github to
redirect the original ones to those, but I heard no response of any
kind from their support channel.

> I could send a PR which add the support of Luarocks 3.0.3, 3.0.4, ...

That would be definitely welcome.

What we need is for someone to contact the PIP maintainers so that
this fork would take over future releases in their repo. But we don't
currently have a maintainer for this package. Ítalo Maia mentioned
interest — does the offer still stand? Ideally it would be best to
have multiple maintainers. If anyone is interested in sharing this,
let me know off-list and I'll grant access to the luarocks/hererocks
repository.

Thank you,

-- Hisham