On 2019-04-28 9:44 p.m., Jorge wrote:

On 28/4/19 17:32, Sean Conner wrote:
Personally, I tend to use mutually recursive functions to handle state
machines in Lua.

I've used that and it works great, very compact and efficient. An explicit data structure with states, transitions, etc. is easier to explain to others and to manipulate programmatically, tough.

If you need more sophisticated state machines, like hierarchical state machines / statecharts, you can check this:

https://gitlab.fing.edu.uy/jvisca/ahsm

(it's a very light weight implementation, we use it on microcontroller-based robots)

Jorge

I sort of made my own thing I guess? https://cybre.tech/SoniEx2/lua.cratera/ (this repo's a mess, but basically look at parser.lua and luatokens.lua and I guess compiler.lua too.)

I don't recommend it, it's just something to look at from a distance tbh...

... a great great distance.