Don't forget Telegram [1] ;) As I remember there were countless discussions, who this separation might or might not impact community as a whole...

[1] https://t.me/LuaLang

On Tue, 2 Apr 2019, 10:39 Rob Kendrick, <rjek@rjek.com> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 01, 2019 at 02:59:50PM -0500, skid man wrote:
> Hello all, I am new to the Lua mailing list. My name is Coda, and I have
> found a new way for people to communicate about Lua in a non-dated mailing
> list format.

Sometimes the classics are the best :)

> It's free to sign up and join and had a very similar interface and
> functionality to IRC.

Talking of which, you'll find #lua on Freenode.  I believe there may
even be a Matrix and Discord bridge to it.  But, real-time communication
as provided by IRC, Matrix, Discord, Slack, Whatever-Atlassian's-Expensive-
Thing-Is™ differs very much in style and approach to the posting style
of mailing lists and Usenet of old.  I value you them both.

B.