Op Do. 14 Mrt. 2019 om 03:57 het Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> geskryf:

>   -spc (Who in nearly 35 years of computer experience has yet to come across
>         a sign-magnitude or 1s-complement machine ... )

My very first experience of assembly language (admittedly more than 35
years ago) was on the IBM 1620. That's a sign-magnitude machine.

It's also a BCD machine with individually addressable digits and
arbitrary length decimal arithmetic, which however it can't do unless
you load addition and multiplication tables. All these features are
also probably not found on a machine only 35 years old.

-- Dirk