It was thus said that the Great Coda Highland once stated:
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 5:03 PM Egor Skriptunoff <egor.skriptunoff@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >   Should Lua support them?
> >

> Probably not. Mixed-endian systems went the way of the dinosaur long ago.
> VAX and the PDP series are the only architectures I can find that were

  The VAX was (is?) little endian (integers and pointers), but the floating
point is *NOT* IEEE-754 and in fact, does appear to be mixed-endian in
nature, to remain compatible with the PDP-11.

> mixed-endian and also had any meaningful amount of penetration, and
> basically nobody uses those outside of retrocomputing enthusiasts anymore.
> I don't think the target audience would be worth putting ANY effort into it.

  Agree.

  -spc (Who in nearly 35 years of computer experience has yet to come across
	a sign-magnitude or 1s-complement machine ... )