On 03/12/2018 09:41, Dirk Laurie wrote:
Op Sa. 1 Des. 2018 om 20:24 het Phil Leblanc <philanc@gmail.com> geskryf:

Looking at posts in the Lua mailing list in the last few weeks, it
seems that they belong to  two quite distinct clusters, so I think it
might be time to split this list in two.

There are actually three clusters:

1. Those who use Lua as it is.
2. Those who dream about Lua as it might be.
3. Those who argue for argument's sake.

No split of clusters #1 and #2 is going to deter cluster #3.

Yep!!! Best one-liner analysis I've ever read about that problem!

I'd add that splitting the list would /increment/ the overall traffic of people belonging to 3: they'll have /two/ lists where to post!

From my experience people belonging to the 3rd category have found a way to break space-time continuum: they can post the same amount of text to any list they subscribe, regardless of how many these lists are!

:-D