[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Time to split the Lua list?
- From: Lorenzo Donati <lorenzodonatibz@...>
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 11:22:21 +0100
On 03/12/2018 09:41, Dirk Laurie wrote:
Op Sa. 1 Des. 2018 om 20:24 het Phil Leblanc <firstname.lastname@example.org> geskryf:
Looking at posts in the Lua mailing list in the last few weeks, it
seems that they belong to two quite distinct clusters, so I think it
might be time to split this list in two.
There are actually three clusters:
1. Those who use Lua as it is.
2. Those who dream about Lua as it might be.
3. Those who argue for argument's sake.
No split of clusters #1 and #2 is going to deter cluster #3.
Yep!!! Best one-liner analysis I've ever read about that problem!
I'd add that splitting the list would /increment/ the overall traffic of
people belonging to 3: they'll have /two/ lists where to post!
From my experience people belonging to the 3rd category have found a
way to break space-time continuum: they can post the same amount of text
to any list they subscribe, regardless of how many these lists are!