[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Lua and TCL/TK
- From: Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@...>
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 07:33:54 +0200
1. Can stock Lua do most of what TCL/TK does? (answer: no)
2. Could one write a support package that will enable Lua to do most
of what TCL/TK does? (answer: yes)
3. Is there a rock for such a package? (answer: yes. it's called ltcltk)
4. Does that rock build effortlessly in the most commonly used current
systems? (answer: no)
5. Does it at least build effortlessly for Lua 5.3 in Debian/Ubuntu?
6. Has anybody on the list got it working for Lua 5.x on whatever system?
7. Is it worth the effort to get it working or might I just as well
just have done the whole thing in TCL without dragging in Lua?