Op Sa. 1 Des. 2018 om 20:24 het Phil Leblanc <philanc@gmail.com> geskryf:

> Looking at posts in the Lua mailing list in the last few weeks, it
> seems that they belong to  two quite distinct clusters, so I think it
> might be time to split this list in two.
>
> The first mailing list would be "Lua list as usual", containing a mix
> of announcements, "how to do x?", "is x a bug?", "any Lua library to
> do x?", "how to build Lua on x", etc.
>
> The second mailing list would be "Lua Concepts Explanation and
> Formalization". It would be dedicated to these long educational and/or
> brainstorming threads.
>
> The split would allow the mundane stuff, still interesting for a few
> participants, not to be drowned in those higher level threads.
> Conversely, It would open a space entirely dedicated to powerful
> thinking, without the pollution of lesser matters.
>
> Of course, for this to work, we should all avoid Explaining and
> Formalizing in the first list, but rather do it in the second list.
>
> What do you think?

Not gonna work. Only people who are already well-behaved will
disciplined enough to respect the split.

I personally classify list members on past performance. Posts from
those I have categorized as chronic hair-splitters [1] only get
opened, let alone read, when I have leisure available plus an
indulgent attitude.

[1] I've got a liitle list of those who won't be missed.