On 2018-11-26 7:22 a.m., Pierre Chapuis wrote:
On Mon, Nov 26, 2018, at 01:15, Soni They/Them L. wrote:

- Lua has little to no support for composition-based OOP, whereas it has
many features to support inheritance (__index/__newindex) and other
forms of OOP (self:methods()). This isn't a big deal, tho, as it can be
easily solved with a rather small patch.
Can you give an example of what you would want here?

Because for me, "composition-based OOP" does not need much
language support. For what it's worth I almost never use inheritance
in Lua (or any other language, really).

The classic Cratera[1] `foo:[component].method()` (note the colon) syntax.

[1] https://bitbucket.org/TeamSoni/cratera