I would like to use Lua again, but it falls short on some of my needs:

- The GC is not reentrant, as such it cannot do garbage collection or call debug hooks inside __gc hooks. This is a dealbreaker, as it has serious consequences for sandboxing. - Lua has little to no support for composition-based OOP, whereas it has many features to support inheritance (__index/__newindex) and other forms of OOP (self:methods()). This isn't a big deal, tho, as it can be easily solved with a rather small patch.

These would be nice to have.