On Oct 2, 2018, at 3:57 PM, Jim <djvaios@gmail.com> wrote:

in the meantime we had a look at several script languages with a usable
c api, from older ones like forth (fth), (regina) rexx, tcl, to _javascript_
implementations like duktape and mujs to newer inventions like ring-lang.net
but so far we have not found anything that pleases us and in the long run
we will have to implement our own solution as no existing tool is up to the
task (at least we did not found one).

Well it looks to me like you are looking for perfection. When you have completed your perfect language please let us know so we can all start using it.

ALL languages are compromises and balance conflicting requirements. You are of course free to disagree with the decisions made for Lua, but that doesn't make them “crap”, it just means the Lua authors and you disagree on those compromises.

—Tim