I wouldn't like it if a utility was clearing with my history :) Also "@echo" off still emits a newline.

For fun I've been researching a bit on how to download files on older versions of Windows and ended up using windows script host as fallback for Windows 2000 and XP. One issue I found was that they don't support https out of box so you'd have to host the files somewhere that supports http.

I should also try some old or minimal Linux distro as well to see if it works.