:: is another way of writing comments but comments are also echoed into the terminal so while it works it has the same issue.

::line1:: BATCH_PROGRAM=[[
@echo off
goto:eof
]]

Z:\home\caps>test.bat
Z:\home\caps>::line1:: BATCH_PROGRAM=[[

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 9:07 PM Albert Chan <albertmcchan@yahoo.com> wrote:

On Oct 1, 2018, at 1:32 PM, Elias Hogstvedt <eliashogstvedt@gmail.com> wrote:

One small issue I don't know how to solve if the Lua script were to be in a batch file is the first line being "rem =nil BATCH_PROGRAM=[[" followed by "@echo off". This will echo that line when ran from a command line window. Maybe someone figured this out?

I still don't know what start.cmd does ...

But can rem =nil  ... replaced by ::line1::  ... ?

Batch file will ignore anything after first :
As a batch label, it will also not echo the line.