HsLua provides bindings, wrappers, types, and helper functions to bridge
the strongly typed, functional programming language Haskell and Lua.
HsLua allows to make Haskell programs extensible and scriptable with a
language we know and love. The package ships with Lua 5.3.5, but can
also be used with system wide installations of Lua 5.3.

I am pleased to announce the release of hslua-1.0.0. Changes have been
made to most parts of the library: Error handling became simpler, as
conversion between Haskell exceptions and Lua errors is now automatic;
other improvements concern type-safety, stability, and ease of use.
Please see the changelog for the complete list of changes:
<https://hackage.haskell.org/package/hslua/changelog>

New versions of the extension packages hslua-aeson (marshalling via
aeson) and hslua-module-text (a UTF-8 aware string module) are released
as well.

For additional information and usage notes:
<https://hslua.github.io>

Best,

Albert