Hi Milind,

On Tue, 28 Aug 2018 16:28:13 -0700
Milind Gupta <milind.gupta@gmail.com> wrote:

> For me I did not need to support Android so I chose to write my code
> using Lua with IUP ( http://webserver2.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/iup/) for
> doing the GUI, this is also from the same place that created Lua.

Perhaps it's a good idea for me to use IUP, too, since none of the
intended users actually run macOS and IUP is very good at preserving
native look and feel on Windows and *nix-like operating systems.

> Used LuaSocket and LuaSec for network programming and sometimes
> lua-curl.

LuaSec is very simple to use but is only able to verify connections with
certificates loaded from files, unless I overlooked a method. Luaossl
is much more verbose and may not be supported on Windows.

But there is no such thing as "free lunch", I guess.

> For your case I would have probably gone with Corona SDK (
> https://coronalabs.com/). You can make the whole application there
> and also the GUI and it will be available on iPhone and Android as
> well.

Thank you for the suggestion! Being able to build the whole Android app
in Lua is great.

--
Best regards,
Ivan