Hi Hugo and Andrew,

Thanks for the info, I am going to mull over it and see what I can do, I just wished their was more LPEG specific resources just because of how easy it is to use, compared to BISON or ANTLR.

best wishes.

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 11:53 PM Hugo Musso Gualandi <hgualandi@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> Are there other good resources like playwithlua.com for the specific
> purpose of building programming languages or would Andrew's series
> (Part 1,2,3,4) be enough.

"Be enough" depends on what you are trying to do :)

One book that might be interesting for you is Bob Nystrom's "Crafting
Interpreters", which is available for free online at
http://www.craftinginterpreters.com/

For parsing specifically, it might also be interesting to learn a bit
about top-down parsing and recursive-descent-parsers.
LPeg fits in the broad category of top-down parsing, so many of the
tricks for top-down-parsing also apply to LPeg grammars. Knowing how to
create a hand-written recursive descent parser is also a very useful
skill, and it might come in handy when you try to write a larger LPeg
grammars.