Hello list,

I'm happy to announce LuaRocks 3.0.1, a bugfix release in the 3.0 series.

LuaRocks is the package manager for Lua modules. More info and
download links at https://luarocks.org

What's new in 3.0.1:

* Numerous bugfixes including:
   * Handle missing global `arg`
   * Fix umask behavior
   * Do not overwrite paths in format 5.x.y when cleaning up path
variables (#868)
   * Do not detect files under lua_modules as part of your sources
when running `luarocks write_rockspec`
   * Windows: do not hardcode MINGW in the all-in-one binary: instead
it properly detects when running from a Visual Studio Developer
Console and uses that compiler instead
   * configure: --sysconfdir was fixed to its correct meaning: it now
defaults to /etc and not /etc/luarocks (`/luarocks` is appended to the
value of sysconfdir)
   * configure: fixed --force-config
* Store Lua location in config file, so that a user can run `luarocks
init --lua-dir=/my/lua/location` and have that location remain active
for that project
* Various improvements to the Unix makefile, including $(DESTDIR)
support and an uninstall rule
* Autodetect FreeBSD-style include paths (/usr/include/lua5x/)

This release includes new code by George Roman, Ryan Hartlage,
Daurnimator and myself.

Thank you all for the excellent feedback for LuaRocks 3.0!

Hi Hisham,

at the end of the install, config-5.1.lua is installed as etc/luarocks/luarocks/config-5.1.lua
instead of etc/luarocks/config-5.1.lua like previously.

François

Cheers,

-- Hisham