I've updated srlua, a tool for building self-running Lua programs.
It is a full Lua interpreter that can be combined with a Lua program
into a single, stand-alone program that will execute the given Lua
program when it is run.

srlua is available at
        http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/#srlua
        http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/ar/srlua-100.tar.gz

The code now works for Lua 5.1 and later and so there is only one
package. In preparation for putting my tools and libraries in LuaRocks,
the package now has a version number.

I recommend anyone who uses a previous version of srlua to move to
this one, which emits better error messages and tracebacks.

Checksum and other data available at
       http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/release.txt

Like all my code, srlua in the public domain and also under the MIT license.

Enjoy. All feedback welcome.
--lhf