[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: LuaRocks installation (Ubuntu Linux)
- From: Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@...>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 15:46:44 +0200
I have an opportunity to add LuaRocks from scratch on a machine that
did not yet have even Lua.
I did the following on an Ubuntu 16.04 laptop recently handed down to me:
1. Downloaded Lua 5.3.5 into a local directory, built it (I needed to
do that twice, installing libreadline-dev in between), installed it
(it goes to /usr/local by default).
2. Installed luarocks via the APT tool. This installs luarocks 2.2.0,
and also lua 5.1,
in /usr, not /usr/local.
It came as a bit of a shock that a two-year old distro still installs
5.1 as default lua.
3. Did 'luarocks install luarocks'. This installed luarocks 2.4.4-1.
Four executables with names starting 'luarocks' are now available:
luarocks luarocks-5.1 luarocks-admin luarocks-admin-5.1
4. 'luarocks install xml'. It also installed lfs and lub. All of them
to /usr/local. But 5.1 versions only.
1. How do I get Luarocks to install 5.3 versions?
2. Can one install Luarocks 3.0.0 via an older Luarocks?