[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Build configuration via defines
- From: Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@...>
- Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 23:38:50 +0100
On 9 July 2018 at 04:27, Daurnimator <email@example.com> wrote:
> Have you considered allowing (some) things in luaconf.h to be easily
> configurable from compiler command line options?
I find that there are two different scenarios:
1. When building Lua I want to set various options
2. When distributing a binary package I want those options frozen to
match what I had built with - I have had several crashes because Lua
headers allow stuff to be over-ridden by anyone including them.
If feasible, perhaps there ought to be a a generated config file - so
that once generated, it is frozen with respect to the build?
Thanks and Regards