On 04-Jul-18 14:30, Thijs Schreijer wrote:
The folks that are satisfied with the current mechanisms, or that don’t have an issue with globals at all, do not start those discussions. Only the ones that are not satisfied do. Now concluding that because you start a discussion, that it “evidently” means others peoples problems haven’t been solved, and that the “general audience” still has an issue, is a rather big claim.

I honestly wonder what % of the community really thinks this is a problem worth solving.

Not me, for what little is worth.
(by the way, I think Dirk showed how to think in Lua, rather than trying to bend the language to suit one's habits)

--
  Enrico