On 6/1/18, Etiene Dalcol <dalcol@etiene.net> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> Can anyone recommend me a good tool for mobile development in Lua?
> I know you can use corona for apps, but it is more game dev oriented.
>
> Is there anything similar to React-Native?
>
> Cheers,
> Etiene

This is still early and largely incomplete, but I've been developing
native iOS and Android (and Mac & Emscripten) backends for IUP. IUP
has Lua bindings.

I presented at the Lua Workshop 2017 about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQONe3yHxCk

I also did a prior video focused on iOS & Android:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvrEfOg3Nyk

This is part of my effort to develop Blurrr SDK, which my associate in
the Lua Workshop talk describes as "'Create React App' for native
apps".
https://blurrrsdk.com

Blurrr SDK got started with SDL based libraries so people could build
cross-platform games for desktop & mobile. I've been implementing IUP
so people can also choose to do traditional apps.

The current version of Blurrr includes a "sneak preview" build of IUP
(Lua bindings included), that contains my current progress on all the
ports. As I said, it is still early and largely incomplete (Mac is
much further along), but if you have a narrow set of GUI requirements,
maybe we can focus on getting enough implemented to do your app.

Please feel to contact me directly if you would like to discuss more.

* Disclaimer: I used to work at Corona.

Thanks,
Eric