[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: [ANN] Various LPeg modules
- From: Sean Conner <sean@...>
- Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 03:44:23 -0400
It was thus said that the Great Russell Haley once stated:
> On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 6:21 PM, Sean Conner <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > Since I just uploaded a bunch of new modules based upon LPeg, I thought I
> > would mentioned them all in one announcement instead of a bunch of
> > announcements as they're somewhat releated.
> I like how you organize your rocks. I had forgotten how many nice parsers
> you have.
Thank you. 
> How the hell did you actually get the conman.org domain?
I registered it back on October 16th, 1998 because
1) I received a "cease-and-desist" letter from a law firm claiming I
was infringing upon a trademark I had no idea was even trade
marked on a webpage I created;
2) the owner of said website said I should get my own domain so *he*
didn't have to deal with trademark issue;
3) CONNER.COM was already taken by some odd-ball company making some
form of computer storage device and wouldn't give it up;
4) SPC.COM was also taken by some odd-ball magazine  that
wouldn't give it up;
5) CONMAN.ORG was available. CONMAN because among a small set of
friends, my nickname was "Conman" .
So that's how I obtained conman.org.
-spc (So, I got there early, but not early enough ... )
 For those curious, you can take a look at:
And they're all available via LuaRocks.
 Time Magazine. No, really.
 Because my last name was 'Conner' and said set of friends were too
lazy to call me by my first name, Sean, nor by Connerman, being
three rather silly sylables.