Hey

I already have LUA_USE_APICHECK defined in the current release builds from tracking down some other crash bugs in the last couple of weeks. This luaD_precall crash seems to be the last one.

I'm considering patching Lua temporarily to check if f is NULL, and if so kill the process in such a way that as well as a backtrace, I also get something useful like the last Lua statement that was being evaluated, but I'm not sure which API calls would be appropriate at that point in luaD_precall().

Cheers,
Chris