On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 9:45 AM, Oliver Kroth <oliver.kroth@nec-i.de> wrote:

Am 10.04.2018 um 18:33 schrieb Francisco Olarte:
On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 1:07 PM, Frank Kastenholz
<fkastenholz@verizon.net> wrote:
Put your scripts in a set of big char arrays and load them from there.
It’s fairly straight forward and works perfectly well.

I suggest generating a hash of the scripts and checking it ... to protect
against memory corruption.
Don't forget to hash the checker and the loader too. They should have
been stored in the same place.

Compression saves space. But costs time and CPU to load. In our environment
we were too cpu/time constrained so didn’t compress.
Also, don't forget you'll need space for decompression ( probably
small ) and for the decompressor ( unless you already have one for
other purposes ).

Francisco Olarte.

the minifier of squish is quite powerful, and can be set to need no additional space to expand the code.
In any case it needs to be considered that not compiled code needs memory space for the source and the compiled code.
Good point. Thanks.

Russ

--
Oliver