On 28 March 2018 at 06:00, Petri Häkkinen <petrih3@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I've shown how an array subtype can be added without breaking compatibility with existing programs. Can you show how the patch breaks an existing program, please?

Hi, this issue was discussed at length already?

The simplest example is standard iteration using for / pairs().
Existing code does not expect nils to appear. What is problematic is
that you can't tell if some existing code will break - because it is a
semantics thing - syntactically it all looks fine.

Regards