If you can live with the license date for Lua being incorrect, the current 1803a release has been working well for me. I'm using it to build a cross platform LuaRocks GUI in Qt: https://github.com/WinLua/BrokenGlass-PM with the help of the sol2 C++ wrapper.

That would be great. Did you consider IUP  for the GUI also from Tecgraf, which I find is excellent framework like Lua fully programmable in Lua. I have used it in quite a few of my projects now.

Milind