Hi to all!

I stumbled over a piece of information that may be of interest to some on the list:

Active State is planning to create / maintain their own binary lua distribution
(for Windows in this case).

https://www.activestate.com/lua

They even do some sort of advertising and praising :-)

Short self introduction:

I'm following the list for quite a while but this is my first post.

I only used lua once yet (recently for a conversion of >50 MB of XML-Export from
a huge control system into the structure of a control system from a different
manufacturer) and was very satisfied by the speed and ease of it.

Being a self-employed professional programmer for more than 30 years now, I read
about lua and wanted to have a try, whenever the choice of tool was mine.

I originally learned programming with Wang Basic in high school around 1977 and
later had to use Fortran/Assembler/Machine language/C/C++. It was mostly on
embedded systems, in the last maybe 15 years under the OS QNX. Most of my work
has to do with remote controlling in Germany and the surrounding countries.

Cheers

-- RB