On 18 March 2018 at 20:49, Petri Häkkinen <petrih3@gmail.com> wrote:
> Below are the results of some benchmarks.

> I’m sure there are some cases which will cause the implementation to break down (I’ve probably missed a few places where “sizeused” should be updated) and there’s no way to shrink arrays at this point...

I would suggest to not worry about performance initially and just
focus on getting the implementation /semantics right. A good way to
test this is to build Lua with LTESTS and assertions enabled, and to
run the Lua test suite.

Things to look at:
a) The Lua apis and VM - where ever the code can manipulate a table
b) The GC
c) The semantics of metamethods such as __len, __index and __newindex.
In Ravi I disallow these on arrays.
d) Whether arrays should allow hash map entries

Thank you for doing this, and good luck with your work - I think it is
a great service to the Lua community.

Regards
Dibyendu