>>>>> "Luiz" == Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> writes:

 Luiz> freebsd:
 Luiz> $(MAKE) $(ALL) SYSCFLAGS="-DLUA_USE_LINUX -DLUA_USE_READLINE
 Luiz> -I/usr/include/edit" SYSLIBS="-Wl,-E -ledit" CC="cc"

 >> Russell's suggested port build is passing in MYCFLAGS and MYLDFLAGS
 >> (incorrectly, should be using MYLIBS) to set the -I/usr/include/edit
 >> and -ledit.

 Luiz> But the make line above works fine, right?

Right, for the purposes of being able to do "make freebsd" on the
distributed sources to get a static .a and executables. (The port build
does more than this, since it also builds a shared library.)

--
Andrew.