 >> So far the only modification I've had to make to the original
 >> src/Makefile is to remove -lreadline

 Luiz> I'm confused. Someone else suggest here recently that the correct
 Luiz> make line for freebsd is

 Luiz> freebsd:
 Luiz>         $(MAKE) $(ALL) SYSCFLAGS="-DLUA_USE_LINUX -DLUA_USE_READLINE
 Luiz> -I/usr/include/edit" SYSLIBS="-Wl,-E -ledit" CC="cc"

Russell's suggested port build is passing in MYCFLAGS and MYLDFLAGS
(incorrectly, should be using MYLIBS) to set the -I/usr/include/edit and
-ledit.

--
Andrew.