On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 2:28 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can use luarocks to update itself.

This is true. I'm remembering a time when the version provided was too
old to do this clever trick...

(If happy in the Debian Ghetto, then of course due to excellent
decisions by Enrico Tassi a good deal of the core Lua ecosystem is
already just an 'apt install' away.)

The point remains: every language has a language-specific package
manager, so why should Lua be singled out as a problem?

LuaRocks may not be part of the Lua distribution, but it has a strong
heritage coming originally from the Kepler project.

Why do we need the equivalent of a Papal Blessing before something is
considered Solid to Use?