On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 6:34 PM, Keith Nicholas <keith.nicholas@gmail.com> wrote:
you don't realize why _javascript_ is popular? Ok :)   But that's a tangent anyways.

People have forever criticized js for it's lack of type safety and squishy syntax.

The thing that's made js way better to deal with is the tooling.   But even then, there is a large rise in things like typescript and other transpiled languages.  People are super motivated to do js because of  the web and has driven large innovations around frameworks.

But if you want to look at all these other reasons why people don't like Lua and blame it all on BigTech, go right ahead.

There is a great deal of money being spent to drive attention to specific technologies.

To me, Lua itself is a PITA when the code is too big.  But is still cool for adding basic scripting to C based projects.