On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 12:10 PM, Dibyendu Majumdar
<mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
> However, the community needs and would benefit from an extended
> standard library that is supervised / blessed by the Lua team. All the
> Lua team have to do is:

Also for me the best way to go is the "Blessing" one. I am aware that
probably it will never happen, however, here there is my motivation.

Lua as extension language is perfect as it is, but as extendible
language it needs a bigger standard library. It is a popularity issue
also, but not to "Dominate the world". I want to be able to use lua in
more and more projects. I just want be able to propose lua to my
collegues, but:
1) For small tools people do not want to "Manage their own modules
distribution" (MTOMD).
2) For bigger application people accept to MTOMD but they want a
library for everything.
3) "Lua? What is it?"

The "Blessing" way is the only one I see to handle the point 1 while
keeping the features I love about lua (mainly resumable with the term
"Simplicity"). For the point 2 I thing no solution there will be till
lua (re)-gains popularity.