On 2018-03-09 06:23 AM, Pierre Chapuis wrote:
On Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 22:13, Soni They/Them L. wrote:

You can implement bitops in pure Lua.

I challenge you to implement FFI in pure Lua.
It is a library to interact with the outside world.
You can say the same of LuaPosix, LuaSocket, LuaFilesystem...

Hmm...

I mean those were explicitly designed as independent Lua modules, I guess.

The FFI was designed to integrate with the language.