Hello everyone,

I am on the core team of Carp, another programming language—don’t worry,
this is not a plug. Instead, what I want to ask y’all about today is
whether I can use a piece of your code and how to best attribute it.

Recently, we’ve worked on adding regular expressions to Carp. I looked
at a bunch of C libraries, and in the end settled for Lua’s patterns
(from lstrlib.c) for their simplicity and ease of integration. Good work
on that one, guys!

I had to change a bit of code, but it is largely unscathed (it lives in
this [PR](https://github.com/carp-lang/Carp/pull/192), for the nosy). I
would like to use this code, and give you proper attribution for it. To
get that one out of the way: our licenses (MIT vs. Apache-2) should be
largely compatible, but IANAL.

So, long story short: where would you like your names, and which names?
I thought about adding the header of lstrlib.c, but since I only used a
part of it, this might be a little misleading.

Thank you for providing this, I really enjoyed reading it and tinkering
with it!

Cheers,
Veit